Services We Provide
PRE-RENOVATION CONSULTING AND
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Planning is the most important part of any project. Renovating
your home is no exception. At Baker Street we assume the role of the
owner's broker. We can provide whatever assistance you require. Our
involvement at the outset will ensure that the project gets off on the
The program begins with a complete and detailed inspection of your building.
A report is then produced which documents:
- defects in all areas of the existing premises
- items that should be upgraded are recommended
existing mechanical systems and electrical system
capacity; are they capable of being incorporated into the new
The report also take into consideration:
- your renovation ideas and building requirements
- what mechanical systems will have to be upgraded/altered
to accommodate proposed alterations
- accurate budget figures on what construction costs
will be as well as what other associated costs will be incurred.
- what decisions the owner must actively be engaged
in when undertaking the proposed work.
- what type of contractor is best suited to perform
the work and how to find competent renovators
- permit and plan requirements
- cost effective building ideas and comparative
Additional meetings can be scheduled prior to construction.
- review of plans (remember that the architectural
plans are the main body of the contract)
- assistance in choosing a contractor
- a review of the terms pertaining to the construction
- a review of competitive bids
Once construction starts we are often asked to perform progress inspections
as the project reaches the end of each phase.
The most important inspection to be performed is the final inspection.
When the project is substantially complete a review of all work is done.
The report documents any outstanding work to be addressed prior to the
release of final payment.