Services We Provide
NEW HOME BUILDING - PROJECT PLANNING
- CONSULTING MANAGEMENT SERVICES -
Planning is the most important part of any project.
Building your dream home is no exception. At Baker Street we assume
the role of the owner's broker. We can provide whatever assistance
you require. Our involvement at the outset will ensure that the project
gets off on the right track.
The program can begin with a preliminary review
of the proposed plans and contract. A report could then be produced
- accurate budget figures on what construction costs will be
as well as what other associated costs will be incurred.
- what decisions the owner must actively be involved with when
undertaking the proposed work.
- what type of contractor is best suited to perform the work
and how to find competent builders.
- permit and plan requirements
- cost effective building alternatives and comparative cost analysis
(i.e.) value engineering
Additional meetings can be scheduled prior to construction.
- final review of the architectural plans and
building specifications (remember that the specifications form
the main body of the contract)
- a review of the terms pertaining to the construction
- a review of competitive bids
Once construction starts we are often asked to
perform progress inspections as the project reaches the end of each
phase. We can approve each payment phase if you desire.
The most important inspection to be performed
is the final inspection. When the project is substantially complete
a review of all work is done. The final report will document any
outstanding work to be addressed prior to the release of your final